Thursday, January 24, 2008

My wonderful time in Portugal

I had memorable holidays in Portugal last year. Though I didn’t visit too many tourist attractions due to time constraint, I was enjoying my stay in Lisbon and I could see how Portugal has diverse culture and beautiful scenery, as represented in Lisbon.

During my time there, I spent much time in Baixa, the heart of the city. It has refined squares, pedestrian streets, cafes and shops, old tramcars, street performers and anything you want to see as tourists. And if you want to see the city’s most photographed landmark, you can go to Belem Tower, the symbol of the Age of Discovery. You should also visit Jeronimos Monastery, a World Heritage monument, also becomes Vasco da Gama’s resting place.

Another interesting place to visit while you’re in Portugal is Cabo da Roca, which is located a little bit further outside Lisbon. The place is known as the most western tip of the European continent.

Actually, there are plenty of beautiful and wonderful places to see in Portugal. I believe staying a few days there won’t be enough. And I’m sure, once you come there, you want to come back again and again. In that case, it might help you a lot if you check the various great deals on Cheaperthanhotels. For Portugal, you can find and book hotels, even for last minutes’ time, from these pages: Cheap Hotels in Portugal, Cheap Hotels in Lisbon, Cheap Hotels in Algarve, Cheap Hotels in Madeira.


0 comments: