Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Back to the UK

I really wish I could go back to UK, at least for a vacation and visiting my friends there. I still can remember many places I had visited when I lived there for a year in 2002. Manchester was one of our favourite cities. Because the city is relatively close to our village, Manchester became a weekend gateway for us when we need to see the crowds of big city, including the gigs. And since we’re quite familiar with the city, we don’t find any difficulties to book a Manchester accommodation; just browse it from the Internet.

But if we had extra money and wanted to see more crowds and attractions, we would go to London. It always felt very amusing every time I toured around the city. And since there are so many interesting places to see in Central London, such as London bridge, Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square and Camden, I always preferred to stay in Central London hotels, so I would be close to those interesting places.

And in the last month of my stay in the UK, my friend and I managed to drive to Scotland. We went to Glasgow, just to see around the city for a while. In the beginning we had a hesitance on whether or not to spend a night there. We just realised afterward that actually it wasn’t so difficult to find a Glasgow accommodation if we wanted to stay there. Anyways, we continued our journey and stayed in this beautiful city of Edinburgh with its amazing old town sight. We stayed there for a night because we already booked our place in one of Edinburgh accommodations.

Unfortunately, during my one year of stay in the UK, I didn’t have a chance to visit Belfast, the capital of Northern Ireland. The place seems so exciting, yet challenging, because of its historical relations with the UK. However, if I got a chance to go there, I believe it won’t be too difficult to find a place to stay in Belfast accommodation.

And now, I really wish I have that opportunity and I miss travelling around UK so much.

A glimpse of London and Edinburgh

0 comments: