Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The romantic and charming Aquitaine

I believe France would be the capital city of the world when it comes to romantic atmosphere. You will find such ambiance in most of the places in the country. And one of the places having the quality of being romantic and charming is the region of Aquitaine.

The region could be spotted in southwestern France and it is featured with rolling hills, forests, lakes, farms and vineyards. I can imagine spending a few days there, in the peaceful countryside, would give me unforgettable experiences. There are plenty of things to do and to see.

More than 175 prehistoric sites are found in Aquitaine region. One of the most well-known attractions is Caves at Lascaux, home to some of the most famous cave paintings in the world. Other highlights include viewing the rarest birds of Europe and enjoying fabulous art collections. It is also possible to rent an apartment and relax in medieval Agen.

Further, it is interesting to know that the region also covers the area of Gironde, which includes Bordeaux, the famous wine-producing area in France. Having that advantage, I’m sure I don’t want to miss the experience of wine testing in Girone and Bordeaux. I also heard that we could book a wine testing holiday from a private villa.

My, oh, my, now I can’t really wait to have a memorable holiday in Aquitaine.

0 comments: