Friday, February 22, 2008

Ireland: Another dream holiday

For no clear reason, Ireland has been my favourite country since I was in junior high. I don’t even know why, maybe it just sounds exotic and challenging. And lately, every time I hear about Ireland I always relate it with my favourite Irish band, the Cranberries. The band originates from Limerick, that’s why I always want to go there.

And now, as I browse through the Internet, I also find some other interesting places that worth a visit, such as Dublin, Cork, Belfast and Galway. Dublin is the capital city of the Republic of Ireland, so it is of course one of the must visited cities. Who knows, maybe I could get a chance to bump into the personnel of another great Irish band, U2.

As for Cork, I heard that it has lively cultural scene and had been appointed as the European Capital of Culture for 2005. The city also holds several festivals for music, theatre and film. And Belfast, the capital of Northern Ireland, I see it as a challenging place to visit, because it is still relatively undiscovered compared to Dublin. Some people say that a trip to Belfast will make you learn more about the British and Irish psyche.

So, after browsing the interesting places to visit in Ireland, maybe it is now time to browse pages that offer good deals for accommodation there. And I get a recommendation that I can find them from Ireland Hotels, Dublin Hotels, Cork Hotels, Belfast Hotels and Galway Hotels.


Dublin, Cork, Belfast


Images courtesy of:
- www.skyeuropeinflight.com
- www.cork-guide.ie
- www.belfastcity.govt.uk

0 comments: